Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 6 on 125 mgs Iodoral

Things were going quite well with my increase of Iodoral from 100 to 125 mgs until today. I was in my kitchen cutting up vegetables for dinner when all of the sudden I started to feel very anxious. I was baffled as to why this was happening since there was nothing for me to anxious about. Then it hit me. I have been on 125 mgs of Iodoral for 6 days. The last time I increased from 50 to 100 mgs it took 8 days for me to feel its effects. This time was shorter. It has to be the bromide coming out again. It makes me wonder exactly how toxic am I? I have been supplementing with what is considered to be very high doses of Iodine since 3/2006 (2 yrs 5 mos). I also noticed that I have a metallic taste.

Many websites will tell you that what I am experiencing is Iodism or an allergy to iodine however, this is obviously not the case since I have been taking iodine without issues for literally years. If you google bromide toxicity symptoms you will find that they mirror what is considered iodine toxicity. For me, I am lucky to have a doctor that tests my bromide levels when we check my iodine saturation level and I am still pumping out large amounts of bromide. It really gives me a window into one of the reasons why I probably got thyroid cancer. Between the bromide, mercury and low nutrient levels in my diet and stress of my job I was destined for it.

My Final Post ..... The Ending of a Journey

It is a very strange feeling to be writing this post.  It will be the last update that I post to this blog.  The blog itself will remain up ...